The CANERS Foundation...Endowment for Research and Scholarship began in 1969. Perpetual Awards are the basis of the endowment. Awards may be started with a minimum of $2500 and increases to the award balance can be made at any time. Often awards are founded to honor a nursery industry professional, to provide a family legacy, in memoriam, or for a variety of other reasons.
CANERS has funded nearly $1 million in scholarships for students pursuing careers in horticulture. Annually the Scholarship Committee solicits for applications and meets to select the recipients.
The CANERS Foundation distributes scholarship applications for the benefit of students who are interested in pursuing an education and career in horticulture to all two year and four year colleges from which a horticulture degree can be obtained.
- Legibility is critical (12-point type preferred - No unusual fonts)
- Grades are important but a B student who participates in horticulture related activities may be selected over the A student who does not participate in FFA or 4-H or other related activities.
- Current school year letters of recommendation are important. Sources to contact for these letters are noted on the application. Email letters of recommendation are not accepted.
- Current transcripts need to be included with the application. Computer-generated transcripts (not printed by the school's admissions office) must be signed by the horticulture instructor.
- Applications postmarked after March 15, 2012 will not be considered.
See forms below: Scholarship Application and a Checklist of things to watch for to help you submit the application accurately.